Meagan Brummel 269-484-2040
G-A Primary Music Room!
Welcome to the G-A Primary Music Room! We are so excited to start a new year together! All students in kindergarten through 4th grade have music twice a week for 40 minutes. We also have special events throughout the year. These include a 3rd-5th grade music program in December and a 1st-2nd grade music program in May, and Kindergarten informances (performances during the school day) throughout the year. The Kalamazoo Symphony also comes to visit us in the fall and the 2nd, 3rd and 4th graders go and visit them in the spring. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me by email.
Throughout the year, we will cover the following 9 national music standards
- Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music
- Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music
- Reading and notating music
- Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines
- Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments
- Listening to, analyzing, and describing music
- Evaluating music and musical performances
- Understanding music in relation to history and culture
- Understanding the relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.