Now accepting applications for the 2021-2022 program year!
Dear Pre-Kindergarten Family,
We're so excited to be a part of your child's next adventure! A quality pre-kindergarten (PRE-K) experience makes for a remarkable start and a major difference in a child's kindergarten preparation and success.
Please be aware that according to new guidelines, all children must be:
- 3 years old on or before December 1* in order to be age eligible for the 3-year-old programs.
- 4 years old on or before December 1* in order to be age eligible for the 4-year-old programs.
*Placement may be prioritized for children who will be 3 or 4 years old on or before September 1.
Kalamazoo County PRE-K is made up of the following programs:
- Head Start – Federally-funded education for eligible 3- and 4-year-olds
- Kalamazoo County Ready 4s – Private and public early childhood providers for 4-year-olds
- Great Start Readiness Program – State-funded PRE-K programs for eligible 4-year-olds
We hope to continue programming as close to normal as we can with enhanced safety protocols. However, information continues to unfold, and circumstances continue to change. If the plan to reopen with increased safety procedures is unable to happen, we will communicate an alternative plan as soon as possible.
Check out our Return to Learn Plan for details!
- All Kalamazoo County PRE-K programs are licensed by the state of Michigan.
- All programs offer a joyful, intentional, life changing education through a high-quality curriculum that includes positive social skill development and a variety of social and learning activities.
- All programs offer parent and family activities.
- All programs use a common PRE-K application with documentation of the child's age and residency and the parent's income to determine a child's eligibility.
More information can be found on the KRESA website.
Please, check the required paperwork for pre-K registration.
You could also download a hard copy of the 2021-2022 Pre-K application here.
Questions? Need help? Call (269) 250-9333
Fax: (269) 250-9868